Friday, August 31, 2012

Once in a Blue Moon


Truly one has used the phrase many times and in common vocabulary, but before yesterday i did not know its meaning and to be very frank never once did ponder over it. It is so much woven into the language that never really bothered to check its origin, meaning and the rest of it. 
Yesterday i went for Pranic healing group meditation that was organised by  MCKS Yoga Vidya Pranic Healing Trust New Delhi. To say that the meditation was amazing and the energies beautiful is to say the least. 

It is there that i learnt that if there are 2 full moon nights in a month, the second one is called "blue moon". Amazing isn't it? And the phenomenon does occur once in a blue moon. The next one is in 2015 we were told.

Did you know this?

20 comments:

  1. Never knew this inspite of using this phrase often. :P
    Good post...Thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know this. I remember I once had a difficult time as I didn't knew the origin of usage "devil's advocate".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw some articles That the moon is actually blue in color . Is that true ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it isnt blue in colour, its just the occurrence of full moon twice in a month. some pics on net might have been photoshoped though to drive the point home :)

      Delete
  4. I was also not aware of this ...the recent emergence of the blue moon prodded me to read a few articles...thanks for this timely post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The contents are really good…
    Rosesandgifts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I to find this matter to be actually something which I feel I would by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very extensive for me. I am looking ahead on your next submit, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete